Purpose of a Short-Term Scientific Missions
STSM facilitates Researchers from COST Countries participating in COST Action [CA 15114] to go to an institution, organization or research center in another participating COST Country to foster collaboration and to perform empirical research. Participation of “Early Career Investigators” (ECI) in STSM is particularly encouraged. An applicant can be considered as being an ECI when the time that has elapsed between the award date of the applicants PhD and the date of the applicants first involvement in the COST Action [CA 15114] does not exceed 8 years. PhD students are also eligible to partake in STSMs.
Act now: the STSMs for actual Grant Period need to be finalized by April 29th 2019!
Specific information concerning STSM
1.STSMs can havea duration of between 5 days and 90 days (and up to 180 days if the applicant is an ECI).
2.up to a maximum of EUR 2500 in total can be afforded to each successful STSM applicant; Financial support is limited to cover travel, accommodation and meal expenses and is paid in the form of a Grant.
3.STSM activities must occur in their entirety within the dates specified in this call.
4. For ECIs, a maximum amount of EUR 3500 can be afforded to the Grantee for STSMs with a duration of between 91 and 180 days – For ECIs partaking STSMs with a duration of between 5 and 90 days, the limit of EUR 2500 must be respected.
How to apply for an STSM
- All applicants must carefully read the funding rules detailed in Section 7 of the COST Vademecum available at: http://www.cost.eu/participate/guidelines
- All applicants must register for ane – COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu
- Applicants must obtain a letter of invitation from the Host institution confirming that they can undertake the STSM on the given dates prior to submitting an application.
- Applicant smust complete, submit and download their STSM application online at: www.cost.eu/STSM.
- Applicants must send their submitted STSM application form and the relevant supporting documents to Isabel Gouveia (igouveia<at>ubi.pt) and the Chair of COST action Dr.MinnaKeinänen-Toivola (minna.keinanen-toivola<at>samk.fi).
Inclusiveness Target Countries Conference Grants (ITC CG)
Conference Grants (up to 1500 Euro) are aimed at supporting PhD students and ECI researchers from Participating ITC to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organized by the COST Action). If interested, check the guidance attached and proceed asap. For more information contact Isabel Gouveia (igouveia<at>ubi.pt) or the Chair of COST action Dr.MinnaKeinänen-Toivola (minna.keinanen-toivola<at>samk.fi).